BA kicks off search for new global marketer
British Airways has confirmed it is to start searching for a new head of global marketing to replace Kerris Bright, following last week's news that she will be departing the company.
BA said it would begin the hunt 'in due course'.
Bright will stay in her role at BA until the spring, when she leaves the airline to become chief marketing officer of Ideal Standard, the bathroom fixtures company.
Bright will oversee the building of the Ideal Standard international brand as it expands across Europe and the Middle East. She will also be on the executive leadership team.
She was recruited by BA in February last year, after a year-long search, with a brief to develop a new marketing strategy and brand positioning for the airline.
A spokesperson for British Airways said it had been developing some "new and exciting work" with its agencies, which Bright had been part of.
Bright's exit is one of a number departures from BA's senior marketing team over the past five years – our analysis this week investigated whether its marketer "churn" is a symptom of a deeper malaise.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...