Turner Media takes online display sales back from AOL
Turner Media Innovations, the advertising and media consultancy arm of Turner Broadcasting, is to bring its online display ad sales in-house, dropping AOL UK, which has handled the account since 2008.
Fireman Sam: shown on Turner Broadcasting’s Cartoonito channel
The group currently handles video ad sales and sponsorship and promotion campaigns on Turner Broadcasting’s kids’ websites, which include Cartoon Network, Boomerang and Cartoonito.
Turner Media Innovations now intends to "offer advertisers a full range of ad sales options across all available platforms", according to the company.
Turner is currently recruiting for two newly created roles to facilitate the team’s expanded remit.
Colleen Kearney, digital commercial director at Turner Media Innovations, EMEA said: "Bringing sales of our online inventory in-house will enable us to be a stronger force in the market place, and speak with one voice across all our products.
"Display advertising is on the up, and we’re looking forward to yielding additional growth in our digital revenue."
The move is evidence of the growing separation between AOL and Time Warner, Turner Media’s parent company, following the spin-off of AOL by Time Warner in December 2009.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...