Brands sign up for product placement deals
Electronic Arts is expected to be among the first advertisers to run product placement on British TV when it becomes possible from Monday.
Electronic Arts in product placement talks
EA is believed to have brokered a deal to pay for a significant presence during Premier League football matches on Sky Sports.
The games developer is already the official technology provider for the Premier League but fell foul of Ofcom regulations earlier this month for displaying its logo on Sky "in the absence of any editorial justification".
An EA spokesman confirmed the brand were "seriously looking into" the possibility of such a move.
Elsewhere, Thomas Cook’s brand Club 18-30 is expected to announce a product placement deal next week, while ITV is actively pushing This Morning as its first flagship programme to carry product placement.
Media agency sources said that ITV switched its focus from Emmerdale to This Morning after fears of sparking a backlash against product placement in its infancy.
ITV’s Benidorm, produced by TigerAspect, is working with brands at adding them in at post-production stage, according to sources.
Channel 4’s Come Dine With Me is also expected to sign a deal with a leading supermarket while UKTV has confirmed that two of its original shows will feature product placement.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...