Brands sign up for product placement deals
Electronic Arts is expected to be among the first advertisers to run product placement on British TV when it becomes possible from Monday.
Electronic Arts in product placement talks
EA is believed to have brokered a deal to pay for a significant presence during Premier League football matches on Sky Sports.
The games developer is already the official technology provider for the Premier League but fell foul of Ofcom regulations earlier this month for displaying its logo on Sky "in the absence of any editorial justification".
An EA spokesman confirmed the brand were "seriously looking into" the possibility of such a move.
Elsewhere, Thomas Cook’s brand Club 18-30 is expected to announce a product placement deal next week, while ITV is actively pushing This Morning as its first flagship programme to carry product placement.
Media agency sources said that ITV switched its focus from Emmerdale to This Morning after fears of sparking a backlash against product placement in its infancy.
ITV’s Benidorm, produced by TigerAspect, is working with brands at adding them in at post-production stage, according to sources.
Channel 4’s Come Dine With Me is also expected to sign a deal with a leading supermarket while UKTV has confirmed that two of its original shows will feature product placement.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...