RKCR/Y&R beats Publicis to £35 million Dreams account
Dreams, the UK bed retailer, has appointed Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to handle its £35 million advertising account as it bids to raise creative standards.
Dreams…looking to raise creative standards
The agency won the business following a pitch against Publicis London.
Robson Brown, the previous incumbent on the Dreams advertising business, was also involved in the initial stages of the review, but withdrew from the process after being forced to cease trading in December following cash flow issues.
Robson Brown has since re-emerged after the directors bought the company's image rights from the administrator, but the agency was not involved in the final stages of the Dreams pitch.
The retailer kicked off the review of its advertising account in September, as part of an effort to boost the creative quality of its output. Previously, Dreams, which has more than 200 stores across the UK, has focused predominantly on price-led ad campaigns. Its marketing strategy is also heavily based around sponsorship deals, and in recent years the company has been the sponsor of 60-Minute Makeover, Heartbeat and Celebrity Big Brother.
Last year, Dreams moved its media planning and buying out of Robson Brown, appointing Starcom MediaVest Group following a three-way pitch. Robson Brown had worked on both the media and creative accounts for Dreams since 2000, and launched the brand's "Everything for a great night's sleep" campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...