M&S hires Zara's Russian chief to lead international growth
Marks & Spencer has appointed Jan Heere to the role of international director, where he will oversee the company's ambitious global expansion plans.
Marks & Spencer: appoints Jan Heere to the role of international director
Heere joins the department store from Zara owner Inditex, where he was general manager for its Russian business.
Marc Bolland, chief executive of Marks & Spencer, announced ambitious expansion plans to grow international sales by up to £1bn by 2014 in November last year, from £500m this year.
Heere will oversee this expansion, sitting on the Marks & Spencer board, where he will report directly to Bolland.
He grew the Inditex Russian business from 20 to 170 stores over the past five years, and 4,500 employees.
Bolland said: "Jan's impressive international experience fits well with the international growth plans we outlined in November."
Heere is Spanish, born to Spanish and Dutch parents. He was educated in France and speaks English, Spanish, French, Dutch and Russian.
Marks & Spencer currently has more than 350 stores in 42 territories around the world, including India, China, Turkey and Russia.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...