M&S hires Zara's Russian chief to lead international growth
Marks & Spencer has appointed Jan Heere to the role of international director, where he will oversee the company's ambitious global expansion plans.
Marks & Spencer: appoints Jan Heere to the role of international director
Heere joins the department store from Zara owner Inditex, where he was general manager for its Russian business.
Marc Bolland, chief executive of Marks & Spencer, announced ambitious expansion plans to grow international sales by up to £1bn by 2014 in November last year, from £500m this year.
Heere will oversee this expansion, sitting on the Marks & Spencer board, where he will report directly to Bolland.
He grew the Inditex Russian business from 20 to 170 stores over the past five years, and 4,500 employees.
Bolland said: "Jan's impressive international experience fits well with the international growth plans we outlined in November."
Heere is Spanish, born to Spanish and Dutch parents. He was educated in France and speaks English, Spanish, French, Dutch and Russian.
Marks & Spencer currently has more than 350 stores in 42 territories around the world, including India, China, Turkey and Russia.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Ambassador Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London