Infiniti secures F1 Red Bull team tie-up
Luxury car brand Infiniti has become the lead sponsor of Red Bull Racing, Formula One's reigning world champion team, as it looks to boost brand awareness in Europe.
Infiniti: two-year deal with Red Bull Racing
The Nissan-owned marque launched in Europe in 2009, with limited marketing support. It sold only 232 cars in the UK in 2010, according to the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders.
Infiniti has agreed a two-year deal with Red Bull Racing, brokered by sport sponsorship agency Prism, with a view to a longer technological tie-up.
Andreas Sigl, head of global brand innovation at Infiniti, becomes global director for a new F1 division. Marketing will be overseen by Nissan’s vice-president for global marketing and communications, Simon Sproule. An integrated push for Infiniti, centred on the sponsorship, will break in the build-up to the season’s first F1 Grand Prix in Australia on 27 March.
Infiniti senior vice-president Andy Palmer told Marketing he is keen to raise awareness in Europe to the same level the marque has in the US. ‘You don’t sell cars if nobody knows who you are,’ he said.
Palmer added that F1’s targets to cut CO2 emissions fitted well with Infiniti’s upcoming electric car launch and its focus on sustainability.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire