Infiniti secures F1 Red Bull team tie-up
Luxury car brand Infiniti has become the lead sponsor of Red Bull Racing, Formula One's reigning world champion team, as it looks to boost brand awareness in Europe.
Infiniti: two-year deal with Red Bull Racing
The Nissan-owned marque launched in Europe in 2009, with limited marketing support. It sold only 232 cars in the UK in 2010, according to the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders.
Infiniti has agreed a two-year deal with Red Bull Racing, brokered by sport sponsorship agency Prism, with a view to a longer technological tie-up.
Andreas Sigl, head of global brand innovation at Infiniti, becomes global director for a new F1 division. Marketing will be overseen by Nissan’s vice-president for global marketing and communications, Simon Sproule. An integrated push for Infiniti, centred on the sponsorship, will break in the build-up to the season’s first F1 Grand Prix in Australia on 27 March.
Infiniti senior vice-president Andy Palmer told Marketing he is keen to raise awareness in Europe to the same level the marque has in the US. ‘You don’t sell cars if nobody knows who you are,’ he said.
Palmer added that F1’s targets to cut CO2 emissions fitted well with Infiniti’s upcoming electric car launch and its focus on sustainability.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...