Costa restarts ad feud with Starbucks
Costa Coffee is rejoining its war of words with Starbucks in ads that claim twice as many consumers prefer Costa to its rival.
Costa Coffee: war of words with Starbucks
The campaign, which will span press, outdoor and digital, is Costa’s biggest to date. It uses provocative lines such as ‘Sorry Starbucks, the people have voted. Again’; ‘A triumph for coffee lovers’; and ‘Voted the nation’s favourite coffee shop’.
In January 2010, Starbucks challenged Costa over the veracity of claims made in its ads. It complained to the ASA about its rival’s ‘7 out of 10 coffee-lovers prefer Costa’ campaign, but its objection was rejected.
Costa has based the claims for its latest ads, by agency Karmarama, on a survey conducted by Allegra Strategies. It found that, of 16,000 UK coffee drinkers asked, 54% named Costa as their favourite coffee shop; 27% cited Starbucks.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Director or Senior Account Director (Partnerships) air recruitment £40k-60k, Central London
- Account Manager and Senior Account Manager (Integrated) air recruitment £25k-£38k, Central London