Costa restarts ad feud with Starbucks
Costa Coffee is rejoining its war of words with Starbucks in ads that claim twice as many consumers prefer Costa to its rival.
Costa Coffee: war of words with Starbucks
The campaign, which will span press, outdoor and digital, is Costa’s biggest to date. It uses provocative lines such as ‘Sorry Starbucks, the people have voted. Again’; ‘A triumph for coffee lovers’; and ‘Voted the nation’s favourite coffee shop’.
In January 2010, Starbucks challenged Costa over the veracity of claims made in its ads. It complained to the ASA about its rival’s ‘7 out of 10 coffee-lovers prefer Costa’ campaign, but its objection was rejected.
Costa has based the claims for its latest ads, by agency Karmarama, on a survey conducted by Allegra Strategies. It found that, of 16,000 UK coffee drinkers asked, 54% named Costa as their favourite coffee shop; 27% cited Starbucks.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...