Visa recruits British Olympic stars past and present for 18-month push
Visa is turning to British Olympians past and present for a £5m, 18-month ad campaign to run throughout the build-up to the London 2012 Games.
Visa: British Olympic talent to appear in ad campaign
TV, press and outdoor ads will feature five-time gold medallist Sir Steve Redgrave and Paralympic veteran Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson, as well as current stars including heptathlete Jessica Ennis.
The ads, by Saatchi & Saatchi, will launch later this month. They show the athletes using Visa cards in everyday settings.
An online competition will give consumers the chance to meet and train with athletes in the run-up to the Games. Similar competitions in Visa's 34 other European markets will offer tickets for spectators to travel to London for the event.
Visa, which has been an Olympic partner for the past 21 years, is the 'presenting partner' of Team 2012, a group of 1200 British athletes hoping to take part in the Games.
Visa was unavailable to comment on the campaign.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...