Visa recruits British Olympic stars past and present for 18-month push
Visa is turning to British Olympians past and present for a £5m, 18-month ad campaign to run throughout the build-up to the London 2012 Games.
Visa: British Olympic talent to appear in ad campaign
TV, press and outdoor ads will feature five-time gold medallist Sir Steve Redgrave and Paralympic veteran Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson, as well as current stars including heptathlete Jessica Ennis.
The ads, by Saatchi & Saatchi, will launch later this month. They show the athletes using Visa cards in everyday settings.
An online competition will give consumers the chance to meet and train with athletes in the run-up to the Games. Similar competitions in Visa's 34 other European markets will offer tickets for spectators to travel to London for the event.
Visa, which has been an Olympic partner for the past 21 years, is the 'presenting partner' of Team 2012, a group of 1200 British athletes hoping to take part in the Games.
Visa was unavailable to comment on the campaign.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London