Twitter silences fake Steve Jobs
The popular spoof Twitter account, purporting to be written by Steve Jobs, has been suspended after complaints by Apple.
The real Steve Jobs: Twitter suspends spoof account purporting to come from him
The @ceostevejobs account has been enormously popular, with spoof and often surreal observations on Apple and life in general.
people followed the fake account, making it one of the most-followed sites on the social network.
The last tweet from @ceostevejobs' was listed on 28 February, reading: "Schiller dropped the F-bomb at a meeting this morning. If he ever says "Flash" again, he's fired." referring to Jobs' apparent disdain for the Flash system.
The writer was clearly well briefed on all things digital and followed movements at Apple closely.
Jobs, CEO of Apple, has been on sick leave since mid-January
From @ceostevejobs – a selection of recent tweets:
15 Feb – I eat Honeycomb for breakfast. [Google's Android operating system for tablets is called Honeycomb]
16 Feb – Content providers claim the App Store has antitrust issues. Untrue. The only antitrust issues are the ones I have with content providers.
18 Feb – Went out for dinner. Restaurant had a mandatory 30 percent gratuity. #Greedy [Apple will take a 30% cut of subscriptions made within apps]
27 Feb – Toy Story 3 deserved Best Picture. [Jobs founded digital animation studio Pixar]
28 Feb – Anonymously sending fake shots of the next iPad to tech blogs. Man, I love Photoshop.
28 Feb – Apple is reporting battery life more honestly now. But we're still going to lie about manufacturing plant working conditions.
Jun 2 2010 – I renamed my iPod 'The Titanic.' Now when I plug it in, iTunes tells me 'The Titanic is syncing.'
Aug 16 – Took my daughter to school this morning, and yes, she gave the teacher an Apple.
Dec 19 – 'Don't ask, don't tell' is still in effect at Apple. Don't ask about unannounced products because we don't tell about unannounced products.
Oct 21 – Met with Obama today. Apparently he misunderstood when Congress told him 'America needs more jobs.'
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...