Mr Men creates Little Miss Princess character ahead of Royal Wedding
Mr Men is introducing a new character, Little Miss Princess, ahead of the Royal Wedding in April, to mark the 40th anniversary of the popular children's book series created by Roger Hargreaves.
The new Little Miss will appear in two new books – ‘Little Miss Princess’, the 34th Mr Men title on sale from Monday (7 March), and ‘Little Miss Princess and the Very Special Wedding’, a colouring and sticker storybook, which will be available from 4 April.
In Little Miss Princess, a kind-hearted princess attempts to help her fellow Little Miss and Mr Men friends with their chores, and the challenges she faces as she has never had to do things herself.
Little Miss Princess and the Very Special Wedding follows Little Miss Princess’ attempts to get to an important wedding on time, but is hindered by Mr Men mishaps along the way.
Both are written and illustrated by Hargreaves' son, Adam. Over the past 40 years, more than 100 million Mr Men and Little Miss books, published by Egmont Publishing Group, have been sold worldwide, and more than three million Mr Men and Little Miss books are sold every year.
David Riley, managing director of Egmont, admitted the new character had been commissioned in spring last year, before Prince William proposed, but said he was "delighted" with the tie-up.
He added: "We look forward to celebrating both the Mr Men’s 40th anniversary and the Royal Wedding with our two Little Miss Princess titles. She is an endearing addition to the classic collection who will charm readers of all ages."
In October last year, Specsavers used the Mr Men characters in an ad campaign, created in-house, to promote its glasses range for children.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...