Interflora plots TV return after 25-year hiatus
Interflora, the flower retailer, is returning to TV for the first time in 25 years in a bid to reconnect audiences with its "flower experts" and differentiate itself from rival flourists in the sector.
Interflora: TV ads return in time for Mother's Day
The TV push, devised by creative agency Kanjo, has been timed to launch in the run up to Mother's Day on 3 April. The ads will carry Interflora's message of being the brand that can be trusted to deliver the occasion's best flowers.
The brand is also planning digital and direct response activity, as well as advertising in Piccadilly Circus.
Interflora will promote its professional florists and their handmade bespoke bouquets.
In recent years database marketing has been the main focus of the brand's marketing activity.
The flower retailer began as a network of 17 florists in the UK in 1923, becoming Interflora in 1953.
Last year (6 October), Interflora launched a campaign via Twitter to cheer up users who posted glum messages. The company sent a bunch of flowers to a selection of the most miserable tweeters in a campaign devised by social media agency We Are Social.
Interflora is currently in the midst of a European legal challenge against Marks & Spencer, which it claims is paying Google to promote its own flower business every time someone searches for Interflora.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire