RIM chief marketing officer resigns ahead of PlayBook launch
Research in Motion (RIM), the Canadian owner of the BlackBerry mobile brand, is losing its chief marketing officer Keith Pardy, according to reports.
Keith Pardy: chief marketing officer, Research in Motion (RIM)
The news of his departure comes ahead of the rollout of its tablet device the Playbook, which is expected to go on sale at the end of March or April.
It comes at a crucial time for the company which is playing catch-up to Apple in the tablet market, following the launch of the iPad 2 last week.
A RIM spokesman said: "Pardy has decided to leave RIM for personal reasons, but will continue working with RIM for the next six months to help with transition."
Pardy joined RIM in December 2009, and was previously senior vice president, strategic marketing and consumer insights at Nokia for five years. Prior to Nokia, he held senior marketing roles at Coca-Cola.
In its latest financial results RIM posted a 40% profit growth for the third quarter of 2010, driven by record sales of BlackBerry handsets.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Marketing Campaign Executive Visit Britain Circa £33,000, London
- Senior Campaign Marketing Manager Visit Britain Circa £45,000, London
- Tech PR AD Needed - Global PR Agency! Digital Gurus £40000 - £50000 per annum + BENS, London
- Senior Marketing Officer Stopgap £33654 - £39705 per annum, City of London