ShortList unveils fashion magazine ShortList Mode
ShortList Mode, the new bi-annual men's fashion magazine from the publisher of free titles ShortList and Stylist, will be unveiled tonight across the UK.
The title, edited by ShortList's style director Adrian Clark, will be distributed in London, Leeds, Birmingham, Glasgow and Manchester.
It has a target launch distribution of 250,000 copies. A select amount will be distributed this evening (7 March) while the majority will be handed out during tomorrrow morning's rush hour.
The magazine has secured launch advertising from fashion and grooming brands including Hugo Boss, Calvin Klein, Diesel, Ugg and Clinique, and the first issue features a bespoke four-page advertorial for Selfridges.
In total, the 76-page glossy title contains 34-pages of advertising.
The cover features Essex-born supermodel David Gandy, who is best known for appearing in the advert for Dolce and Gabbana's 'Light Blue' fragrance.
Karl Marsden, managing director of ShortList Media, said: "Fashion advertisers have said to us 'We love the ShortList product and the audience you reach'. They said 'we would like our own fashion version that supports our two key periods' (spring/summer and autumn/winter).
"ShortList Media is three and a half years old and we've been having this conversation for two years."
Each issue will have a different fashion theme and will appear in March and September to support the key fashion seasons.The launch issue "celebrates masculine sex appeal" and references stars from the 70s, such as Burt Reynolds.
The magazine will include a regular feature called The Art of Inspiration, in which a fashion or design luminary explains their influences, and a feature called Scene, which showcases the season's key trends.
The twice-yearly title has been put together by a team drawn from ShortList Media's existing magazines.
Georgina Parrott, commercial director of ShortList Media, and Glenda Marchant, publisher of Stylist, have headed up the launch commercially. ShortList senior account manager Stewart Dymock has stepped up to become advertising manager on ShortList Mode.
The bulk of copies will be handed out at key commuter spots, including Canary Wharf, while one fifth of the print run will be distributed at BA business class and Virgin Atlantic lounges.
Marsden said: "ShortList Mode is the clearest and most distinct extension of the ShortList brand to date."
Since its launch in 2007, ShortList has extended its brand to the annual ShortList Grooming Awards, the ShortList film club and Shortlist.com.
To compliment the launch of ShortList Mode, a new luxury channel has been created for Shortlist.com that will feature content for six weeks, timed to each issue.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)