BBC appoints RKCR/Y&R and Karmarama to advertising roster
The BBC has named Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R and Karmarama as the agencies on its £20 million advertising roster.
The BBC has appointed RKCR/Y&R and Karmarama
The move follows a statutory review process, which also involved Dare, JWT London, The Red Brick Road and Fallon, which was a previous incumbent alongside RKCR/Y&R.
RKCR/Y&R and Karmarama will begin working on the account in April, and will now be responsible for handling all of the BBC’s advertising activity.
The BBC kicked off the review in January 2010 after appointing the AAR to "sound out the marketplace" ahead of the release of a formal tender.
A shortlist of agencies was then named in November, and pitches took place at the beginning of last month.
The BBC is required to review its advertising account every four years. The last review took place in 2006, when the business was split between RKCR/Y&R and Fallon.
During its time working on the account, RKCR/Y&R launched a series of TV spots promoting the broadcaster’s Olympic coverage. The ads, which were co-produced by Blur’s Damon Albarn, won a BAFTA for best title sequence.
Meanwhile, the BBC has appointed Interbrand and Devilfish to its brand identity roster. Interbrand will also handle brand strategy work for the corporation.
Helen Normoyle, the director of marketing and audiences at the BBC, said: "I'm thrilled to have a portfolio of such high quality agencies who can deliver creative and strategic work, while ensuring we continue to deliver value for money to licence payers."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...