Metro elevates responsibilities of top marketer
Metro, the free morning newspaper, has increased the responsibilities of its top marketing role as Abigail Slater, head of marketing, leaves the title.
Metro: increased the responsibilities of its top marketer
Slater is leaving the top marketing role at Metro in the coming weeks and taking on the role of group communications manager at parent company Daily Mail & General Trust (DMGT).
In her new role she will report to Kathrina FitzGerald, strategy director at DMGT.
Slater has held the top marketing role at Metro for around three years.
Metro is now on the hunt for a replacement but has elevated the position to chief marketing officer.
The expanded role has developed over time to include brand extensions, such as its motor show event, the growth of metro.co.uk, and numerous apps.
Last month, Metro announced it was launching its first universal app supplying the paper's news content on both the iPhone and iPad.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London