Metro elevates responsibilities of top marketer
Metro, the free morning newspaper, has increased the responsibilities of its top marketing role as Abigail Slater, head of marketing, leaves the title.
Metro: increased the responsibilities of its top marketer
Slater is leaving the top marketing role at Metro in the coming weeks and taking on the role of group communications manager at parent company Daily Mail & General Trust (DMGT).
In her new role she will report to Kathrina FitzGerald, strategy director at DMGT.
Slater has held the top marketing role at Metro for around three years.
Metro is now on the hunt for a replacement but has elevated the position to chief marketing officer.
The expanded role has developed over time to include brand extensions, such as its motor show event, the growth of metro.co.uk, and numerous apps.
Last month, Metro announced it was launching its first universal app supplying the paper's news content on both the iPhone and iPad.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...