Grant takes managing director post at Metro
Linda Grant, commercial development director at Associated Newspapers, is to replace Steve Auckland, the managing director of Metro who has been promoted to managing director of Northcliffe Media.
Metro: Linda Grant is appointed managing director
Auckland will replace Michael Pelosi, who stayed on as a consultant at the firm after stepping down from the role at the end of the year. Pelosi has been at Northcliffe for 22 years.
Pelosi's deputy, Alex Leys, is also retiring after 28-years with the media company.
Grant joined Associated in 2005 from Capital Radio, where she was commercial chief. She was previously marketing director at Metro and also worked at The Scotsman and Newsquest.
At Associated, Grant's main task has been to gain a third source of revenue beyond cover price and advertising. She is also in charge of Associated's creative services and research departments.
In an email to staff, Kevin Beatty group managing director Associated Newspapers, said Pelosi and Leys had made a "huge contribution" to the success of the company.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Brand Strategy Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £43000 - £48000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London