Grant takes managing director post at Metro
Linda Grant, commercial development director at Associated Newspapers, is to replace Steve Auckland, the managing director of Metro who has been promoted to managing director of Northcliffe Media.
Metro: Linda Grant is appointed managing director
Auckland will replace Michael Pelosi, who stayed on as a consultant at the firm after stepping down from the role at the end of the year. Pelosi has been at Northcliffe for 22 years.
Pelosi's deputy, Alex Leys, is also retiring after 28-years with the media company.
Grant joined Associated in 2005 from Capital Radio, where she was commercial chief. She was previously marketing director at Metro and also worked at The Scotsman and Newsquest.
At Associated, Grant's main task has been to gain a third source of revenue beyond cover price and advertising. She is also in charge of Associated's creative services and research departments.
In an email to staff, Kevin Beatty group managing director Associated Newspapers, said Pelosi and Leys had made a "huge contribution" to the success of the company.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...