Grant takes managing director post at Metro
Linda Grant, commercial development director at Associated Newspapers, is to replace Steve Auckland, the managing director of Metro who has been promoted to managing director of Northcliffe Media.
Metro: Linda Grant is appointed managing director
Auckland will replace Michael Pelosi, who stayed on as a consultant at the firm after stepping down from the role at the end of the year. Pelosi has been at Northcliffe for 22 years.
Pelosi's deputy, Alex Leys, is also retiring after 28-years with the media company.
Grant joined Associated in 2005 from Capital Radio, where she was commercial chief. She was previously marketing director at Metro and also worked at The Scotsman and Newsquest.
At Associated, Grant's main task has been to gain a third source of revenue beyond cover price and advertising. She is also in charge of Associated's creative services and research departments.
In an email to staff, Kevin Beatty group managing director Associated Newspapers, said Pelosi and Leys had made a "huge contribution" to the success of the company.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Middleweight Artworker become £32K, London
- International Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East
- PR and Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- International Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East region
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford