Annas: recognition for BA and BBH
An ad for British Airways has been named January's ad of the month in the 2011 Awards for National Newspaper Advertising (Annas).
BA: 'big sale' wins ad of the month
BA's campaign for 'The Very Very Very Big Sale' was praised by Russell Ramsay, creative judge and executive creative director at JWT.
He said: " [The ad is] simple, to the point and bags of charm. OK, it’s a retail message but it feels like a big, confident brand talking."
The ad was created by Matthew Moreland and Chris Clarke of BBH, with media by ZenithOptimedia.
Ramsey also nominated another BA execution for the 'Big Sale' campaign as well as "no" for Nissan Leaf by TBWA, "mousetrap" for Barclays Bank by BBH and "dinner party" for ING Direct by Beattie McGuinness Bungay.
Ian Armstrong, manager for European communications at Honda, and the award's advertiser judge, chose "flu germs (bus)" for the COI/Department of Health by David Mackersey and Jonathan John of DDB, with media by MEC.
He said: "This is one of those ads that requires no real contemplation to get the message. A strong image and a clear message explaining its point very eloquently."
Armstrong also nominated seven executions for Thomson Holidays by Beattie McGuinness Bungay, five executions for Tropicana by DDB, and "running" for Asics by in-house creatives.
The 20 nominated ads join the 17 already chosen for the 2011 Annas. Overall winners will receive £25,000 on 25th January 2012. So far, three months in, BBH and DDB are topping the league table.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...