Annas: recognition for BA and BBH
An ad for British Airways has been named January's ad of the month in the 2011 Awards for National Newspaper Advertising (Annas).
BA: 'big sale' wins ad of the month
BA's campaign for 'The Very Very Very Big Sale' was praised by Russell Ramsay, creative judge and executive creative director at JWT.
He said: " [The ad is] simple, to the point and bags of charm. OK, it’s a retail message but it feels like a big, confident brand talking."
The ad was created by Matthew Moreland and Chris Clarke of BBH, with media by ZenithOptimedia.
Ramsey also nominated another BA execution for the 'Big Sale' campaign as well as "no" for Nissan Leaf by TBWA, "mousetrap" for Barclays Bank by BBH and "dinner party" for ING Direct by Beattie McGuinness Bungay.
Ian Armstrong, manager for European communications at Honda, and the award's advertiser judge, chose "flu germs (bus)" for the COI/Department of Health by David Mackersey and Jonathan John of DDB, with media by MEC.
He said: "This is one of those ads that requires no real contemplation to get the message. A strong image and a clear message explaining its point very eloquently."
Armstrong also nominated seven executions for Thomson Holidays by Beattie McGuinness Bungay, five executions for Tropicana by DDB, and "running" for Asics by in-house creatives.
The 20 nominated ads join the 17 already chosen for the 2011 Annas. Overall winners will receive £25,000 on 25th January 2012. So far, three months in, BBH and DDB are topping the league table.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...