InterContinental Hotels and Apple create concierge app
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), the global hotel chain, has formed a partnership with Apple to introduce the iPad as part of its concierge service.
Apple iPad2: InterContinental Hotels creates concierge service available via the device
The iPads will be available in 10 InterContinental's hotels, including the New York Barclay and London Park Lane.
Visitors to the hotels can use the "facetime" videochat feature on the iPad 2 to connect to the hotel's concierge service.
The concierge service can be contacted via any compatible Apple product, including the MacBook, iPhone4 or iPod Touch, alongside the new iPad.
An app has also been developed that allows current and future guests to access further information. It contains concierge videos for specific destinations, an interactive globe feature created with Google Maps, recommendations, suggested itineraries and "insider tips" covering local culture.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...