Subway hires Burger King's Akhtar as marketing director
Subway is set to appoint Burger King's Manaaz Akhtar as its UK marketing director.
Subway: hiring Burger King marketer Manaaz Akhtar
Akhtar, who will take up the role at the end of the month, joins after two years as senior marketing manager at Burger King. She replaces Roy Clouter, who has been Subway's interim marketing director since September. Clouter was brought in after Alex Cacouris, marketing director for four years, decided to leave to train for ordination at the Church of England.
Akhtar will assume responsibilities for the marketing direction of the sandwich retailer in the UK, as it looks to develop its offering and expand its franchise business.
According to Nielsen, Subway spent £8m on marketing in 2010, the majority on its television ads. It began rolling out a mobile loyalty scheme last summer.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...