Subway hires Burger King's Akhtar as marketing director
Subway is set to appoint Burger King's Manaaz Akhtar as its UK marketing director.
Subway: hiring Burger King marketer Manaaz Akhtar
Akhtar, who will take up the role at the end of the month, joins after two years as senior marketing manager at Burger King. She replaces Roy Clouter, who has been Subway's interim marketing director since September. Clouter was brought in after Alex Cacouris, marketing director for four years, decided to leave to train for ordination at the Church of England.
Akhtar will assume responsibilities for the marketing direction of the sandwich retailer in the UK, as it looks to develop its offering and expand its franchise business.
According to Nielsen, Subway spent £8m on marketing in 2010, the majority on its television ads. It began rolling out a mobile loyalty scheme last summer.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £300 per day, London
- Licensing Executive - leading entertainment brand! f1 Recruitment Up to £30,000, Central London
- Digital Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, Uxbridge