Newspaper Society creative competition opens
The Newspaper Society, the local newspaper association, is inviting entries to its annual search for the UK's best young creative team.
Last year's winning ad: by Cate Anderson and Emily Churches of HS&P (see below for full ad) see
Pairs from creative agencies will be briefed by a national client and given just one day to come up with the best local media campaign to become The Wanted Ads Young Team of the Year.
Entries will be judged by a panel chaired by Al Young, executive creative director of St Luke's. The judges include: Tiger Savage, founder and chief executive, Tigers Eye; Joe De Souza, creative director, Karmarama; and Stef Jones, co-founder, Big Al's.
Robert Ray, marketing director, Newspaper Society, said: "Since its launch nine years ago, this competition has gone from strength to strength and produced some excellent ideas for strong local media campaigns.
"It provides a unique chance for young creatives to show their ability to some of the UK's top creative directors and receive mentoring from them as they work."
Young said: "Young Team of the Year is a unique showcase of the UK's most promising young creative talent. In one day they learn how to grasp the unique benefits of local media and are judged by some of the industry’s top creative directors."
The two top teams will go on to represent the UK at BestYET, in Croatia on 12 and 13 May. The event pits young creatives from across Europe against each other for the chance to win a free trip to the Cannes Lions Festival.
Last year's winning ad by Cate Anderson and Emily Churches of HS&P
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London