Newspaper Society creative competition opens
The Newspaper Society, the local newspaper association, is inviting entries to its annual search for the UK's best young creative team.
Last year's winning ad: by Cate Anderson and Emily Churches of HS&P (see below for full ad) see
Pairs from creative agencies will be briefed by a national client and given just one day to come up with the best local media campaign to become The Wanted Ads Young Team of the Year.
Entries will be judged by a panel chaired by Al Young, executive creative director of St Luke's. The judges include: Tiger Savage, founder and chief executive, Tigers Eye; Joe De Souza, creative director, Karmarama; and Stef Jones, co-founder, Big Al's.
Robert Ray, marketing director, Newspaper Society, said: "Since its launch nine years ago, this competition has gone from strength to strength and produced some excellent ideas for strong local media campaigns.
"It provides a unique chance for young creatives to show their ability to some of the UK's top creative directors and receive mentoring from them as they work."
Young said: "Young Team of the Year is a unique showcase of the UK's most promising young creative talent. In one day they learn how to grasp the unique benefits of local media and are judged by some of the industry’s top creative directors."
The two top teams will go on to represent the UK at BestYET, in Croatia on 12 and 13 May. The event pits young creatives from across Europe against each other for the chance to win a free trip to the Cannes Lions Festival.
Last year's winning ad by Cate Anderson and Emily Churches of HS&P
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...