BA readies live digital outdoor campaign at Westfield
British Airways is running a live outdoor campaign this weekend, which will challenge the public to guess the mystery location of two holidaymakers via a live video link on Ocean Outdoor's big screens at Westfield shopping centre.
BA: readies live event at Westfield
Shoppers will be asked to text questions to the holidaymakers. The answers will help entrants figure out the correct Caribbean island the tourists are visiting and all correct guesses will be entered into a prize draw to win a holiday.
BA is running the campaign for free after it won a competition organised by Ocean Outdoor, which invited agencies to submit ideas for live work.
The creative was developed by Being. Indy Saha, chief strategy officer at the agency said: "Today, people expect brands to behave socially, in real time and allow participation. Even 'traditional' media needs to move in this direction.
"The work we have done for British Airways is a pioneering and creative stride in this direction and reinvents the idea of out of home."
The campaign is co-ordinated by out of home agency, Kinetic.
Trailers around Westfield London are raising awareness of the campaign in the run-up to the weekend, in addition to email, online and YouTube activity.
Videos can also be watched via BA's Facebook page, where people can also submit guesses.
Richard Bowden, digital marketing innovations manager at British Airways, said: "We recognise social media is a key digital touchpoint for our customers, which is why we are always exploring new ways to interact in this environment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London