Burger King hunts agency after Crispin Porter split
NEW YORK - Burger King, the fast-food giant, is hunting for an advertising agency after splitting from global ad agency Crispin Porter + Bogusky after more than seven years together.
BK: 'The King' UK campaign
BK was acquired by 3G Capital for $3.26bn in September, which preceded a global shake-up in the burger chain's marketing department.
In February, The UK marketing team was slashed by more than 50% as a result of job cuts implemented by the private-equity owners.
In March Natalia Franco, global chief marketing officer, left the chain after nine months in the job.
Crispin Porter + Bogusky was behind BK's latest ad campaign, which introduced The King, its 50-year-old US mascot, to the UK.
A Burger King spokesperson has confirmed it has sent out RFPs to advertising agencies.
BK, in a statement, said: "Burger King and Crispin Porter + Bogusky have enjoyed a tremendously successful relationship over the past seven and a half years. During that time, our creative partnership resulted in countless innovative and engaging campaigns for the BK brand.
"We are incredibly proud of all that we have accomplished together, but have mutually decided that now is the right time to part ways.
"We are fans of each other's work and wish each other much success in the future."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...