Tesco enters £1.2bn yoghurt sector
Tesco is pitting itself against established players such as Danone and Muller in the yoghurt sector by launching its "Yoo" range of 21 products.
Tesco: develops yoghurt range
Tesco claims the range will undercut "popular brands by 20%" and will reinvigorate the market, which it said has been "static for many years".
The supermarket has not yet disclosed the yogurt's pricing details but is hoping to grab its share of a market valued in the region of £1.2bn by Kantar Worldpanel. According to Nielsen, UK sales of yoghurt dipped slightly by 1% in the past year.
The "Yoo" range is made up of 21 products in three formats – low-fat four-packs, fat-free yoghurts and split yoghurts.
Lines include: "Yoo… Fruity Thing", a split pot with creamy yoghurt and separate portion of fruit; "Yoo… yummy Thing", yoghurt and crunchy chocolate cereals; "Yoo… Tasty Thing", low fat, smooth and stirred, layered yoghurts; and "Yoo… Light Thing", a fat-free range for the calorie conscious.
Individual flavours include: kiwi and gooseberry; chocolate raisins and chocolate chip granola; and rhubarb and raspberry.
Matt Ward, Tesco yoghurt buyer, said: "We think the Yoo range of yoghurts will finally breathe much needed new life and fun into a category that shoppers believe currently lacks excitement and innovation."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...