Marks & Spencer unveils spring clothing ad
Marks and Spencer's spring clothing campaign breaks tomorrow (23 March), with a 50-second TV ad produced by RKCR/Y&R, showcasing new product lines and the new "only at your M&S" slogan.
The ad is set to Michael Bublé's 'It Had Better be Tonight' and will run during primetime programming.
It features the usual line-up of models – Dannii Minogue, VV Brown, Twiggy, Lisa Snowdon and Ana Beatriz Barros – in three new styles: nautical stripes; "have a Doris Day" 50s-inspired pieces; and "play your wild card", which pushes the "fierce glamazon look".
The ad finishes with the line "only at your M&S", coined in November to shift the retailer's focus back to exclusive and innovative products. Media planning and buying is handled by Walker Media.
Two further ads will focus on product innovation - "utterly repellent menswear" features Jamie Redknapp and pals caught by garden sprinklers, but their underclothes are saved thanks to the clothes. The technology features in jeans, chinos and suits.
"Killer heels that don't kill" features Lisa Snowdon dancing in Insolia heels, which are designed to prevent pain caused by wearing high-heeled shoes.
Steven Sharp, executive director of marketing at M&S, said: "We are extremely excited to be showcasing our fashion innovations for the first time on TV. These products are unique to M&S and really encapsulate the meaning of the line 'only at your M&S'."
The ads will be supported by press advertising, and followed up by further ads in May.
The MarksandspencerTV Youtube channel will host behind-the-scenes shots and out-takes.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £300 per day, London
- Licensing Executive - leading entertainment brand! f1 Recruitment Up to £30,000, Central London
- Digital Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, Uxbridge