Marks & Spencer unveils spring clothing ad
Marks and Spencer's spring clothing campaign breaks tomorrow (23 March), with a 50-second TV ad produced by RKCR/Y&R, showcasing new product lines and the new "only at your M&S" slogan.
The ad is set to Michael Bublé's 'It Had Better be Tonight' and will run during primetime programming.
It features the usual line-up of models – Dannii Minogue, VV Brown, Twiggy, Lisa Snowdon and Ana Beatriz Barros – in three new styles: nautical stripes; "have a Doris Day" 50s-inspired pieces; and "play your wild card", which pushes the "fierce glamazon look".
The ad finishes with the line "only at your M&S", coined in November to shift the retailer's focus back to exclusive and innovative products. Media planning and buying is handled by Walker Media.
Two further ads will focus on product innovation - "utterly repellent menswear" features Jamie Redknapp and pals caught by garden sprinklers, but their underclothes are saved thanks to the clothes. The technology features in jeans, chinos and suits.
"Killer heels that don't kill" features Lisa Snowdon dancing in Insolia heels, which are designed to prevent pain caused by wearing high-heeled shoes.
Steven Sharp, executive director of marketing at M&S, said: "We are extremely excited to be showcasing our fashion innovations for the first time on TV. These products are unique to M&S and really encapsulate the meaning of the line 'only at your M&S'."
The ads will be supported by press advertising, and followed up by further ads in May.
The MarksandspencerTV Youtube channel will host behind-the-scenes shots and out-takes.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...