AOL rolls out Project Devil ad format
AOL UK has officially launched its Project Devil display advertising format with ads on celebrity channel Eleven, and with Research in Motion (RIM) and Marks & Spencer as the initial partners.
AOL: rolls out Project Devil ad format
The Project Devil ads offer advertisers a large canvas format with three interactive panels, which can host interactive media and applications such as video, slideshows, maps and polls.
The new format offers increased engagement as the wide-ranging functionality of each panel includes media streams and applications such as video, slideshows, mapping, 3D rotation, quizzes, polls, text messaging and much more.
Every ad is fully interactive, eliminating the need for consumers to navigate away from the page to explore its features.
Marks & Spencer are using the ad format to drive awareness to its latest summer campaign, created by RKCR/Y&R. It features a slide show within the ad unit, behind the scenes footage of the campaign shoot, and online discounts.
Rim is promoting its BlackBerry Torch TM handset device, with an interactive product site and in ad video by music producer Diplo. The deal was brokered by Starcom Mediavest.
Rob Blake, vice president of advertising at AOL Europe, said: "Project Devil treats advertising as content, giving brands the chance to build creative that complements the editorial on the page, instead of competing with it, something which is central to AOL's strategy."
AOL began trialling the larger ad format with a Nokia ad on its MyDaily site last year. The format was introduced in the US in September 2010.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Agency Candidates Required Michael Page Digital GBP25000 - GBP50000 per annum, Guildford
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...