John Smith's plans Liverpool takeover for Grand National day
John Smith's is running a heavyweight outdoor campaign to promote its title sponsorship of the Grand National for the second year running.
John Smith's plans to plaster Liverpool for Grand National day
The campaign, created by integrated marketing agency Steam UK, will build on the humorous 'No Nonsense' take on horseracing unveiled before last year's event.
A series of racing-themed executions will appear on more than 330 outdoor and railway media sites across the city - more than double the number used in 2010 for the Heineken UK-owned bitter brand.
The outdoor ads include a giant 250 square metre hoarding on a city centre hotel which heralds the return of the race with an image of a horse’s rear with the strapline: ‘It’s back’.
The campaign will also feature prominently around Aintree in the form of racecourse signage and branding, race card ads and ambient media sites including two grandstand stairwells which will be transformed into 20-metre high cans of John Smith’s.
Around 150,000 spectators are expected to attend the three-day meeting at Aintree from 7 to 9 April, which is predicted to attract a global TV audience of more than 600 million people on the last day.
John Smith’s senior brand manager Karen Crowley said the activity would ‘build engagement with consumers and tap into the famous wit and humour that is synonymous with Liverpool’.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...