Hugo Boss and McLaren launch online contest to dress Hamilton and Button
McLaren and Hugo Boss are marking their 30-year sponsorship partnership with a novel online competition, where the prize is designing Formula 1 race overalls for Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button.
Hugo Boss/McLaren: online competiton marks 30-year sponsorship deal
The Hugo Boss logo has appeared on the bodywork of the McLaren F1 cars and featured on drivers' and team members' uniforms for the past three decades.
The competition forms part of a wider campaign called 'Dress Me for the Finale', devised by Germany-based branding agency Liganova, which involves branding activity, retail promotions, and point-of sale-activity within stores.
The competition involves inviting participants across the world to design the F1 stars' race overalls on the Hugo Boss website.
It will run in each F1 hosting country during the races, with one design being manufactured for qualifying in that country.
The competition is currently running in Australia, following the start of this year's racing season in Melbourne last weekend (25 March). It will kick off in the UK on 7 April.
At the end of the F1 season in November, fans will vote for the best design, which will be worn by Button and Hamilton during the final race in Brazil.
Hugo Boss launched an exclusive range of clothing on 25 March to mark the 30-year deal, which is McLaren's longest-running sponsorship, with Button and Hamilton modelling the range.
Last week McLaren relaunched its team website, to coincide with the start of the season.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...