Travelodge takes lead as biggest hotel brand in London
Travelodge claims to have overtaken Hilton as the hotel brand with the most rooms in London, following the opening of a new hotel.
Travelodge: says it has more rooms than any other hotel brand in London
The new Travelodge in Ealing, which opens today (31 March) with 99 rooms, has brought the brand’s total room count to 5,714 across its 40 London hotels.
Hilton Hotels has 5,690 rooms across the capital, according to hotel consultant Melvin Gold, who, Travelodge claims, independently verified the number.
When contacted by Marketing a Hilton spokesman did not dispute Travelodge's claim though he said it had 6,321 rooms across its Hilton Hotels & Resorts group in London, including airport hotels and Hilton Croydon, and a total of 7,283 across its whole Hilton Worldwide portfolio in London.
Travelodge intends to have at least 50 hotels, housing nearly 7,000 rooms, in the capital by the London 2012 Olympics, after exchanging contracts on eight projects worth £60m over the past six months.
Guy Parsons, Travelodge chief executive, said: "While others scaled back their development in the capital during the recession, we maintained our commitment to growth. This ensured we secured sites in locations such as Bank, Twickenham and Vauxhall that are the envy of the hotel industry.
"To be the biggest at the start of the Olympic Games also sends a strong message that everyone is welcome in London. The five-star and boutique hotels have a role to play, but a strong budget hotel market ensures we can welcome the world with high-quality, low-priced accommodation."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...