Apple's global marketing chief 'to depart'
Apple's vice president of worldwide marketing communications Allison Johnson is leaving the company, according to a report at All Things Digital.
Apple iPad 2: the latest Apple device to reach the market
Johnson has been at Apple since 2005. Prior to joining Johnson was senior vice president, global brand and communications at Hewlett-Packard. She has also held senior marcoms roles at Netscape and IBM.
According to the report in the Wall Street Journal's digital blog Johnson is leaving before the summer to co-found a marketing communications firm with former Facebook PR executive Brandee Barker.
TBWA\Media Arts Lab counts Apple as a global client for creative, with MG OMD handling the UK media account. Apple spent almost £16m on media in the UK in 2009.
Apple declined to comment.
Arch rival Microsoft has also recently found itself on the wrong side of departing marketing execs, with the news earlier this week that Microsoft's global marketing chief Mich Mathews, who oversees a budget of more than $1bn, is to retire after the summer.
Last Friday (25 March) Apple launched its long-awaited iPad 2 in the UK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Communications Co-ordinator Stopgap £26000 - £29000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...