Apple's global marketing chief 'to depart'
Apple's vice president of worldwide marketing communications Allison Johnson is leaving the company, according to a report at All Things Digital.
Apple iPad 2: the latest Apple device to reach the market
Johnson has been at Apple since 2005. Prior to joining Johnson was senior vice president, global brand and communications at Hewlett-Packard. She has also held senior marcoms roles at Netscape and IBM.
According to the report in the Wall Street Journal's digital blog Johnson is leaving before the summer to co-found a marketing communications firm with former Facebook PR executive Brandee Barker.
TBWA\Media Arts Lab counts Apple as a global client for creative, with MG OMD handling the UK media account. Apple spent almost £16m on media in the UK in 2009.
Apple declined to comment.
Arch rival Microsoft has also recently found itself on the wrong side of departing marketing execs, with the news earlier this week that Microsoft's global marketing chief Mich Mathews, who oversees a budget of more than $1bn, is to retire after the summer.
Last Friday (25 March) Apple launched its long-awaited iPad 2 in the UK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London