Boots Opticians launches new TV spot
Boots Opticians has launched a comic TV spot for spring, focusing on a family getting ready for the British summer.
The TV ad broke during 'Emmerdale' on ITV1 on Friday.
Chiming with Boots' wider 'Here Come the Girls' campaign, the ad features the couple who appeared in the New Year ads, along with their daughter and her boyfriend.
The light-hearted 30-second ad shows the dad building a garden table, but refusing to wear glasses to look at the instructions, resulting in him accidentally building a wooden chair instead. The ad finishes with the offer of "two complete pairs for £79."
Activity will also include in-store, online and direct marketing. The ad was created by Mother, directed by Ric Cantor, and produced by Paul McPadden.
Helen Jeremiah, head of marketing for Boots Opticians, explained: "We wanted to extend the offer to include prescription sunglasses, so that glasses wearers can get their sunglasses at the same time as their ordinary glasses, providing even more value this summer.
"With Easter being a big time for gardening and DIY, we think that this family's experience will be mirrored the country over in the next few weeks, so hopefully it will raise many a wry smile."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...