Boots Opticians launches new TV spot
Boots Opticians has launched a comic TV spot for spring, focusing on a family getting ready for the British summer.
The TV ad broke during 'Emmerdale' on ITV1 on Friday.
Chiming with Boots' wider 'Here Come the Girls' campaign, the ad features the couple who appeared in the New Year ads, along with their daughter and her boyfriend.
The light-hearted 30-second ad shows the dad building a garden table, but refusing to wear glasses to look at the instructions, resulting in him accidentally building a wooden chair instead. The ad finishes with the offer of "two complete pairs for £79."
Activity will also include in-store, online and direct marketing. The ad was created by Mother, directed by Ric Cantor, and produced by Paul McPadden.
Helen Jeremiah, head of marketing for Boots Opticians, explained: "We wanted to extend the offer to include prescription sunglasses, so that glasses wearers can get their sunglasses at the same time as their ordinary glasses, providing even more value this summer.
"With Easter being a big time for gardening and DIY, we think that this family's experience will be mirrored the country over in the next few weeks, so hopefully it will raise many a wry smile."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London
- Ad Ops Executive Dot-Gap £22k, Central London