DCM holds pitch for outdoor contract
Digital Cinema Media, the cinema sales house, is holding a pitch between outdoor media owner Primesight and the incumbent Boomerang for its seven-figure outdoor ad sales contract.
DCM: holds outdoor pitch
Boomerang was appointed to the outdoor ad sales contract for foyer and bathroom media in the majority of DCM’s cinemas in July 2008, the same month ITV sold the company then known as Carlton Screen Advertising to the cinema chains Odeon and Cineworld.
A spokeswoman for DCM confirmed the pitch was taking place as Boomerang's existing contract ends in December 2011. A result is expected in the summer and the new contract will start in January 2012.
The DCM contract includes 262 sites including Odeon and Cineworld cinemas, Vue cinemas, for which DCM picked up the ad sales contract late last year, and some independent cinemas.
Primesight is the fourth biggest outdoor media owner in the UK with a broad portfolio that includes the Apollo, AMC and Showcase cinema chains alongside roadside six-sheets and billboards and the Glasgow Subway, among others.
In addition to its current cinema contract with DCM, Boomerang's portfolio includes the outdoor ad sales for health clubs, universities and indoor play centres.
DCM is currently recruiting for a managing director following the abrupt resignation of former Carlton Media Sales managing director Martin Bowley.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Copywriter Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, City of London
- Creative Artworker - Reigate ASG £25,000 - £28,000, Reigate
- Senior PR Account Executive / Junior Account Manager AF Selection £20,000 - £23,000, Lincolnshire