DCM holds pitch for outdoor contract
Digital Cinema Media, the cinema sales house, is holding a pitch between outdoor media owner Primesight and the incumbent Boomerang for its seven-figure outdoor ad sales contract.
DCM: holds outdoor pitch
Boomerang was appointed to the outdoor ad sales contract for foyer and bathroom media in the majority of DCM’s cinemas in July 2008, the same month ITV sold the company then known as Carlton Screen Advertising to the cinema chains Odeon and Cineworld.
A spokeswoman for DCM confirmed the pitch was taking place as Boomerang's existing contract ends in December 2011. A result is expected in the summer and the new contract will start in January 2012.
The DCM contract includes 262 sites including Odeon and Cineworld cinemas, Vue cinemas, for which DCM picked up the ad sales contract late last year, and some independent cinemas.
Primesight is the fourth biggest outdoor media owner in the UK with a broad portfolio that includes the Apollo, AMC and Showcase cinema chains alongside roadside six-sheets and billboards and the Glasgow Subway, among others.
In addition to its current cinema contract with DCM, Boomerang's portfolio includes the outdoor ad sales for health clubs, universities and indoor play centres.
DCM is currently recruiting for a managing director following the abrupt resignation of former Carlton Media Sales managing director Martin Bowley.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...