British Airways chief invests in customer services
Keith Williams, chief executive of British Airways, says he's making customer focus the "hallmark" of his tenure as head of the airline.
BA: focuses on the customer’s experience
Speaking at the ABTA Travel Matters Conference in London today, Williams said British Airways is entering an "exciting chapter", and he is "determined" to put investment for BA customers at the heart of the business.
BA is investing £5.5bn over the next five years in new aircraft, cabins, products and consumer services, including developments in in-flight entertainment systems.
Williams said he hopes to see the development of a customer services system that stores individual likes and dislikes, and provide a more "personalised" experience for consumers.
British Airways has become a more efficient airline since 2001, he said. BA's revenue has stayed "roughly the same" over the past 10 years, while it has decreased flight capacity by 25% and passenger numbers by 33% to 31 million passengers last year.
Williams said shedding "a lot of unprofitable flying" has increased productivity at British Airways by more than 50%.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...