Y&R on alert as Bacardi reviews global advertising arrangements
Bacardi is looking for an agency to handle the global advertising account for its flagship rum brand.
Bacardi is reviewing its global advertising
The company is in talks with a number of US-based agencies regarding the business, which is currently handled by WPP network Y&R.
Y&R has been the incumbent on the account since 2005, however it’s now understood that Bacardi is looking for a smaller boutique shop to oversee the bulk of its advertising activity.
Last year, Bacardi appointed Burger King marketer Stefan Bomhard, as the new regional president for Europe, Middle East and Africa.
He works closely with Silvia Lagnado, Bacardi’s global chief marketing officer.
In March, Bacardi Limited named the world number one tennis player Rafael Nadal as its global social responsibility ambassador.
The Spaniard replaced Michael Schumacher in the role.
Despite the review, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R will continue to handle the advertising for the Bacardi-owned gin brand Bombay Sapphire.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...