Paper Round (11 April) - Which clients are advertising in the national press?
Supermarkets aim to undercut entertainment retailers, offering the new Harry Potter DVD release in various offers across the tabloids.
Morrisons advertises the release of 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One' on DVD in The Daily Mail, the Daily Mirror, the Daily Express and The Sun. The supermarket is offering the film for £6 when shoppers spend £40 in store.
Asda also advertises the DVD release, offering an exclusive special edition disc in the Daily Mirror. While Tesco advertises the film on offer for £7 until Wednesday in the Daily Mirror.
Network Rail takes out ads in The Times, The Daily Telegraph, The Independent, The Guardian, the Daily Express and the Daily Mail to alert readers to planned rail improvements that could disrupt Easter travel.
Transport for London meanwhile, advertises its ‘low emissions zone’ urging readers of The Daily Telegraph, The Guardian and the Daily Express to check if commercial vehicles are affected.
Specsavers takes out a full page in The Times to remind parents that children are eligible for free glasses and eye tests.
HSBC takes out two ads across a double page spread in The Daily Telegraph, asking "what connects these business thinkers?" to highlight its business accounts.
The Daily Mail offers a free packet of spring onion seeds for readers, promoting the offer on its cover while the Daily Express gives away garden plants in its own cover promotion.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Account Manager - Geneva Gabriele Skelton £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Marketing Assistant Haymarket Media Group £Competitive, Teddington, Greater London
- Digital Advertising Operations Executive Salt £22000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Project Manager- global consumer brand design agency Gabriele Skelton £28000 - £32000 per annum, London