Paper Round (11 April) - Which clients are advertising in the national press?
Supermarkets aim to undercut entertainment retailers, offering the new Harry Potter DVD release in various offers across the tabloids.
Morrisons advertises the release of 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One' on DVD in The Daily Mail, the Daily Mirror, the Daily Express and The Sun. The supermarket is offering the film for £6 when shoppers spend £40 in store.
Asda also advertises the DVD release, offering an exclusive special edition disc in the Daily Mirror. While Tesco advertises the film on offer for £7 until Wednesday in the Daily Mirror.
Network Rail takes out ads in The Times, The Daily Telegraph, The Independent, The Guardian, the Daily Express and the Daily Mail to alert readers to planned rail improvements that could disrupt Easter travel.
Transport for London meanwhile, advertises its ‘low emissions zone’ urging readers of The Daily Telegraph, The Guardian and the Daily Express to check if commercial vehicles are affected.
Specsavers takes out a full page in The Times to remind parents that children are eligible for free glasses and eye tests.
HSBC takes out two ads across a double page spread in The Daily Telegraph, asking "what connects these business thinkers?" to highlight its business accounts.
The Daily Mail offers a free packet of spring onion seeds for readers, promoting the offer on its cover while the Daily Express gives away garden plants in its own cover promotion.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...