Novartis to review $600m global media business
Novartis, the pharmaceutical giant, is gearing up to launch a review of its estimated $600m global media business.
Novartis: calls global media review
WPP's MEC is the incumbent on the global business, including in the UK.
In 2008 Novartis consolidated its US media planning and buying into MEC after moving its business from sibling agency Mindshare in a global realignment.
The company, which has a consumer health business that markets over the counter medicines such as Tixylix and Savlon, spent £9m in the UK in the past 12 months, according to Nielsen.
Novartis, which is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, has three other businesses called Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Diagnostics, and Sandoz Generics, a global supplier of generic medicines that are produced after a popular medicine's patent has expired.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Creative Team Red Sofa London £45000 - £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £16000 - £18000 per annum, East Midlands Region / Derbyshire