Muirhoward team wins Newspaper Society Young Team gong
Muirhoward's Julia Earthrowl and Poulami Chakraborty have won the Newspaper Society's Young Team of the Year competition, with a local media campaign for Mars.
Julia Earthrowl: co-winner of Newspaper Society's Young Team of the Year
The brief, for a campaign that encourages members of the public to participate in Mars' football sessions, was set by Gemma Hamilton, a planner at Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO.
The winning team created footballs installed with GPS chips, for people to use and then pass on, tracking the football's journey.
Art director Earthrowl, who was a runner-up last year, said: "It was a great brief to work on and quite different to last year. We thought about how people play football in their back garden and how this could lead to interaction with neighbours."
Work was judged by jury chair Stef Jones, the co-founder of Big Al's Creative Emporium - Tigers Eye founder Tiger Savage, and Joe De Souza, creative director at Karmarama.
Hamilton said: "It's great to have young creative talent working on a brief and it has definitely raised some interesting perspectives, which we will take back to the agency and discuss.
"Local media is about being able to have a conversation with people on a more intimate level and people crave community at a local level. It's about getting close to people as a brand."
The winning pair, and runners-up Ed Redgrave and David Wigglesworth of St Luke's, will now compete in the pan-European contest Best Yet, which will be held in Croatia over 12 and 13 May.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Lead UX Architect - £60K-£70K - Tier One Investment Bank Digital Gurus £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...