Swarovski turns to radio to ride Royal Wedding fever
Swarovski Crystal is bidding for attention around the Royal Wedding by covering a Mini Cooper in crystals, and sponsoring a £20,000 competition for engaged couples on London radio station Magic 105.4.
Swarovski card holder: part of brand's Royal Wedding promotional activity
The "Royal" Mini Cooper will be shown at Westfield shopping centre in London on 23 April, flanked by Prince William and Kate Middleton look-alikes, to promote the radio campaign.
A series of radio promotions starts this week, and the competition to win £20,000 will run on the morning of the Royal Wedding, 29 April, during Neil Fox’s ‘Magic Breakfast’ show. Two pairs of listeners who are engaged to be married will be invited in to the studio to play for the money.
Magic 105.4 will also be reporting on location from Westminster Abbey from 5.30am to 7pm.
Hayley Quinn, director of Swarovski UK and Ireland, said: "Swarovski is delighted to be working with Magic 105.4 to celebrate the wedding of the century. The station’s connection with London is a perfect fit to help communicate and build the Swarovski brand."
The brand has brought out a range of Royal Wedding merchandise such as pens and card holders.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...