OgilvyOne resigns ActionAid UK account
WPP's OgilvyOne London has resigned the creative account for anti-poverty charity ActionAid UK, with immediate effect.
ActionAid UK: creative account resigned by OgilvyOne
OgilvyOne won the charity's account in April 2010, beating off competition from two undisclosed agencies.
It created a campaign that launched in December and included a TV ad that appealed to viewers to sponsor a child in a third-world country, and ensure they have access to clean water.
OgilvyOne said that during its one-month notice period, it would co-operate with ActionAid UK and any successor agencies to ensure a smooth transition on the account.
At the end of November, ActionAid International ran an in-house created press ad in UK newspapers, attacking SAB Miller, the owner of beer brand Grolsch, on its tax record in Africa.
SAB Miller is a client of Ogilvy SA, the South African communications group in which WPP's Ogilvy & Mather recently announced it was to increase its stake from 49.9% to 59%.
An OgilvyOne spokesman denied there was a connection between ActionAid's SAB Miller ads and the agency resigning the account.
ActionAid did not respond to requests for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...