Cook Islands replaces Hills Balfour with McCluskey International for UK tourism brief
Cook Islands Tourism has appointed McCluskey International to handle its UK tourism PR.
Cook Islands: hands brief to McCluskey
Incumbent agency Hills Balfour repitched for the South Pacific islands' account, alongside Representation Plus and The Sandra Leach Company.
According to CEO for Cook Islands Tourist Corporation, Carmel Beattie, McCluskey International won the account due to its strong presence in the travel trade and its creativity as an agency.
Beattie added: ‘Tourism in the Cook Islands accounts for over 75% of GDP and is therefore the chief economic driver for the country. The destination marketing of the Cook Islands is managed by the Statutory Authority of the Cook Islands Tourism Corporation, but the PR is outsourced in our key markets such as the UK.’
McCluskey’s brief includes increasing the destination’s overall appeal and increasing the number of UK visitors to Cook Islands.
The account will be led by account director Andy Price, with the agency implementing trade and consumer comms to increase awareness of the Cook Islands.
McCluskey will also train and educate tour operators about the holiday destination and capitalise on the region's association with rugby, tying in with the Sevens in Heaven tournament.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...