Cook Islands replaces Hills Balfour with McCluskey International for UK tourism brief
Cook Islands Tourism has appointed McCluskey International to handle its UK tourism PR.
Cook Islands: hands brief to McCluskey
Incumbent agency Hills Balfour repitched for the South Pacific islands' account, alongside Representation Plus and The Sandra Leach Company.
According to CEO for Cook Islands Tourist Corporation, Carmel Beattie, McCluskey International won the account due to its strong presence in the travel trade and its creativity as an agency.
Beattie added: ‘Tourism in the Cook Islands accounts for over 75% of GDP and is therefore the chief economic driver for the country. The destination marketing of the Cook Islands is managed by the Statutory Authority of the Cook Islands Tourism Corporation, but the PR is outsourced in our key markets such as the UK.’
McCluskey’s brief includes increasing the destination’s overall appeal and increasing the number of UK visitors to Cook Islands.
The account will be led by account director Andy Price, with the agency implementing trade and consumer comms to increase awareness of the Cook Islands.
McCluskey will also train and educate tour operators about the holiday destination and capitalise on the region's association with rugby, tying in with the Sevens in Heaven tournament.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Community Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Head of Engagement and Communications VMA Group 60000-65000 per annum,, West Midlands
- New Business Manager - creative agency Dynamic New Alliances £55000.00 per annum + bonus, London
- Senior Brand Manager - Oral Care Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment Senior Brand Manager - Oral Care, London
- Account Director Gemini Search £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, City of London