Global Blue shopping magazine launches in 28 countries
Global Blue, a retailer services company focused on tourism shopping, has launched a shopping magazine that targets travellers to 28 countries, including the UK.
Shop Magazine: launches in 28 countries
The company said the new bi-annual publication, called Shop, is capitalising on the rapid expansion of international shopping around the world.
Global Blue, which founded tax-free shopping, helps travellers obtain tax refunds and claims it manages in excess of 38,000 shopper transactions each day across 40 markets.
It has launched 80 editions of Shop Magazine across 28 countries in Europe, the Middle East and Latin America.
It will have an initial global print run of 3.8 million in its first year, including 250,000 copies distributed in the UK.
The magazine includes editorial content on where to shop, retailer locations, key trends and products, and how to save money by shopping tax-free.
Launch advertisers for Shop, which has a balance of one third advertising to two thirds editorial, include Escada, Versace, Burberry and Louis Vuitton.
In London the title will be distributed in five-star hotels including The Berkeley, as well as on premier airlines such as United Airlines and in first-class airline lounges and through luxury tour operators.
In addition to the print title, the company has also launched the multilingual online resource global-blue.com.
Shop's contributors include writers and editors from titles such as Vogue, Elle, Wallpaper and the Financial Times.
Emma Cheevers, editor-in-chief of Shop, said: "The inbound traveller market is vital to the global fashion and luxury industry.
"Shop’s aim is to educate the international consumer, providing them with insider knowledge of their chosen destination, while simultaneously assisting retailers in tapping into the ever-growing and invaluable international consumer market."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex