Starcom MediaVest brings content unit Liquid Thread to the UK
Starcom MediaVest is launching its content unit Liquid Thread in the UK ahead of a global rollout of the brand, which already has offices in Chicago and New York.
Liquid Thread: content unit set to launch in the UK next month
The brand is expected to launch in the UK next month.
The unit was formed in America last year from a merger of branded entertainment agencies Chicago-based Starcom Entertainment, New York-based connectivetissue, and digital and social agency Pixel.
Prior to the merger, Starcom Entertainment and connectivetissue focused on the creation of brand-inspired strategic content platforms, from infusion with content in development, to original TV and digital production.
Pixel specialised in made (websites, apps, ads) and earned (social marketing) digital content.
Liquid Thread was launched in order to combine social media with creative content for clients.
The UK group will be led by Ian James, chief digital officer across the EMEA at Starcom MediaVest Group, who was recruited from Aegis Media last month.
The unit describes itself as developing "brand inspired experiences that originate at the intersection of creative, media and technology."
James said: "Liquid Thread is being rolled out all around the world and we are very excited to have been able to introduce it to a few select clients in the UK already. Over the next few months we will significantly increase our investment and upscale the proposition, with a view to making it widely available in the UK and EMEA."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire