IPC Media hands Woman relaunch task to CST The Gate
IPC Media has appointed CST The Gate to handle the advertising for the relaunch of its women's weekly title, Woman, following a small decline in sales.
IPC's Woman magazine
Work for promoting the new-look Woman title will begin next month. The title will introduce more fashion and wellbeing content as the title has suffered sales figures recently due to the economic downturn which has led to a reduction in repertoire and frequency of purchase in this sector, the managing director of IPC’s women's weekly unit, Fiona Dent, recently said.
The title has traditionally focused on celebrity news, real-life stories and diet advice, targeting ‘busy mum and housewives, aged between 25 and 45,’ according to IPC.
The magazine sold an average on 309,878 copies for the six months to December 2010, which saw a 2.6 per cent drop period-to-period and a 2 per cent fall year-on-year.
MediaCom handles Woman’s media planning and buying account. In the past IPC Media has worked with VCCP for Woman magazine.
In 2008, Woman underwent a makeover and 18 months before that, the magazine resized in a larger format and increased its cover price.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Business Director PFJ £60000.00 - £75000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...