Jammie Dodgers launches first ad in four years
Burton Foods has returned to TV screens after a four-year hiatus to launch an ad campaign to promote its new biscuit range Toffee Dodgers.
The ad, created by VCCP, communicates the cheeky spirit of the Dodgers brand with monkey puppets, which wear Dodger biscuits around their heads. The characters are filmed in a supermarket, each willing a mum to choose their flavour.
The first TV spots show Jammie and Toffee monkeys, while in a later ad the Choccie monkey and Choccie Dodger flavour biscuit is introduced.
The campaign, part of Burton Foods' £4.5m investment in the brand, features the new strapline 'Get Stuck In'.
The TV ads were shot by Roderick Fenske of Hungry Man. Media was planned and bought by Universal McCann. The ads were produced by Carly Parris. Fred Rodwell was the copywriter on the ad and Andrew Parsons was the art director. Steve Vranakis was creative director on the campaign.
Stuart Wilson, chief marketing officer of Burton's Foods, said: "The Toffee Dodgers campaign is yet another step forward in the development of our Power Brands. The £4.5m brand investment we've put in place to engage with consumers in more innovative ways will no doubt drive substantial growth for the brand in the sector."
Ed Maxwell, account director at VCCP, said: "Dodgers are back. With this campaign we wanted to convey the mischief at the heart of every biscuit and unlock the love which families have for this classic British brand."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Annual Report Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £180 - £200 per day, London
- Agency Account Manager - email marketing Stopgap £28000 - £29000 per annum, London
- PHP Developer Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Manchester
- Global Head of Social Media EMR £80000 - £90000 per annum, Slough