Jammie Dodgers launches first ad in four years
Burton Foods has returned to TV screens after a four-year hiatus to launch an ad campaign to promote its new biscuit range Toffee Dodgers.
The ad, created by VCCP, communicates the cheeky spirit of the Dodgers brand with monkey puppets, which wear Dodger biscuits around their heads. The characters are filmed in a supermarket, each willing a mum to choose their flavour.
The first TV spots show Jammie and Toffee monkeys, while in a later ad the Choccie monkey and Choccie Dodger flavour biscuit is introduced.
The campaign, part of Burton Foods' £4.5m investment in the brand, features the new strapline 'Get Stuck In'.
The TV ads were shot by Roderick Fenske of Hungry Man. Media was planned and bought by Universal McCann. The ads were produced by Carly Parris. Fred Rodwell was the copywriter on the ad and Andrew Parsons was the art director. Steve Vranakis was creative director on the campaign.
Stuart Wilson, chief marketing officer of Burton's Foods, said: "The Toffee Dodgers campaign is yet another step forward in the development of our Power Brands. The £4.5m brand investment we've put in place to engage with consumers in more innovative ways will no doubt drive substantial growth for the brand in the sector."
Ed Maxwell, account director at VCCP, said: "Dodgers are back. With this campaign we wanted to convey the mischief at the heart of every biscuit and unlock the love which families have for this classic British brand."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...