Burger King hires former McDonald's marketer
Burger King has appointed former McDonald's marketer Jo Blundell as its new marketing director, replacing Sarah Power.
Jo Blundell: BK marketing director
Blundell will take up the role on 3 May. She will report to Andrew Trounce, Burger King's managing director for UK and Ireland.
She will also have a dotted reporting line to John Schaufelberger, senior vice-president of marketing for EMEA.
Previously, Blundell was chief marketing officer at The Number, which owns 118 118, where she had responsibility for all communications, product development and overall marketing.
Before that she held the role of marketing director for advertising agency TBWA, where she worked on global briefs for brands including Mars, Nivea and Absolut.
She has also held the role of marketing director for Burger King's rival, McDonald's.
Burger King has been seeking a permanent marketing director since Power left in January after four years.
One of Blundell's key tasks will be to establish relations with Burger King's new creative agency. The fast-food company split with its global agency Crispin Porter & Bogusky last month.
Burger King is looking to appoint country-by-country agencies and called a separate pitch for its £12m advertising business in the UK and Ireland.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager AF Selection Up to £30,000, Manchester
- Head of Client Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - to £150k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £150k, Central London
- Group Account Director, Digital role, fashion and beauty brand, £80k MODA consult £80k + excellent benefits, Central London
- Head of Digital Marketing - Nottingham Trent University Stopgap £70000 - £79500 per annum + benefits, Nottingham
- Senior Research Executive - Boutique Research Agency NG Digital Marketing up to £35k, Central London