Burger King hires former McDonald's marketer
Burger King has appointed former McDonald's marketer Jo Blundell as its new marketing director, replacing Sarah Power.
Jo Blundell: BK marketing director
Blundell will take up the role on 3 May. She will report to Andrew Trounce, Burger King's managing director for UK and Ireland.
She will also have a dotted reporting line to John Schaufelberger, senior vice-president of marketing for EMEA.
Previously, Blundell was chief marketing officer at The Number, which owns 118 118, where she had responsibility for all communications, product development and overall marketing.
Before that she held the role of marketing director for advertising agency TBWA, where she worked on global briefs for brands including Mars, Nivea and Absolut.
She has also held the role of marketing director for Burger King's rival, McDonald's.
Burger King has been seeking a permanent marketing director since Power left in January after four years.
One of Blundell's key tasks will be to establish relations with Burger King's new creative agency. The fast-food company split with its global agency Crispin Porter & Bogusky last month.
Burger King is looking to appoint country-by-country agencies and called a separate pitch for its £12m advertising business in the UK and Ireland.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...