Absolute Radio raids C4 for head of digital sales
Absolute Radio has appointed Channel 4's senior commercial executive James Wigley to the new role of head of digital sales from 24 May.
In his new role Wigley will be tasked with proving engagement and improving accountability and effectiveness for commercial partners using the Absolute Radio online and mobile network.
He will also be tasked with recruiting and leading an expanded digital team with the objective of doubling digital revenue growth by the end of the year by focusing on digital opportunities across the Absolute Radio network of brands, including Absolute Radio 90s and Absolute Classic Rock.
Absolute Radio began publishing online listener figures in October 2009 and is increasingly looking to monetise its online audience through in stream advertising and targeted ad opportunities.
While the last official figures from audience measurement system Rajar showed Absolute Radio’s audience had declined, its network streamed a record 12.2 million hours online in March, up 25% on the month and up 54% year on year.
Prior to joining Channel 4 in January 2010 to work across its online properties, including Channel4.com and 4oD as well as video-on-demand partnerships, Wigley worked as a digital trader at News International from March 2008.
Wigley started his career at WPP media agency MediaCom, where he was a press buyer for Procter & Gamble from 2005 and then an account planner on clients such as Mars and Shell UK from 2007.
Paul Carolan, advertising director at Absolute Radio, said: "We were looking for a brilliantly inspirational individual to lead our digital commercial future, and James knocked our socks off.
"The team he will lead is doubling in size, and we will be coming to market with increased accountability and highly targeted, personalised advertising opportunities for commercial partners."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...