Absolute Radio raids C4 for head of digital sales
Absolute Radio has appointed Channel 4's senior commercial executive James Wigley to the new role of head of digital sales from 24 May.
In his new role Wigley will be tasked with proving engagement and improving accountability and effectiveness for commercial partners using the Absolute Radio online and mobile network.
He will also be tasked with recruiting and leading an expanded digital team with the objective of doubling digital revenue growth by the end of the year by focusing on digital opportunities across the Absolute Radio network of brands, including Absolute Radio 90s and Absolute Classic Rock.
Absolute Radio began publishing online listener figures in October 2009 and is increasingly looking to monetise its online audience through in stream advertising and targeted ad opportunities.
While the last official figures from audience measurement system Rajar showed Absolute Radio’s audience had declined, its network streamed a record 12.2 million hours online in March, up 25% on the month and up 54% year on year.
Prior to joining Channel 4 in January 2010 to work across its online properties, including Channel4.com and 4oD as well as video-on-demand partnerships, Wigley worked as a digital trader at News International from March 2008.
Wigley started his career at WPP media agency MediaCom, where he was a press buyer for Procter & Gamble from 2005 and then an account planner on clients such as Mars and Shell UK from 2007.
Paul Carolan, advertising director at Absolute Radio, said: "We were looking for a brilliantly inspirational individual to lead our digital commercial future, and James knocked our socks off.
"The team he will lead is doubling in size, and we will be coming to market with increased accountability and highly targeted, personalised advertising opportunities for commercial partners."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Business Development Executive - Insight Agency Stonor Up to £26K basic + expected £10K , Home Counties - Bucks / Berks / Oxon
- Digital Project Manager Propel £35000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Stopgap £90 - £100 per day, South West England
- Paid Search Manager Â– Leading Automotive Client-Up to £37k SYLEX Recruitment £27000 - £37000 per annum, London
- Creative Director Creative Recruitment £70000 - £90000 per annum, London