Apple EMEA marketing boss Simon Thompson departs
Simon Thompson, one of Apple's top European marketers, has left the technology company after less than two years, Marketing understands.
Simon Thompson: a former marketer at Lastminute.com and Honda
Itis not clear if Thompson, Apple EMEA online store director, has another job to go to.
His tenure at Apple covered the launch of the iPad and iPad 2, as well as the release of the iPhone 4. The company's range was boosted further this week when it unveiled its latest iMac desktop PC.
Apple's marketing during that time has focused on product features and the intuitive nature of its designs, working in partnership with its agency roster, which includes TBWA, Rapp and Manning Gottlieb OMD. It spent almost £28m on marketing in the UK in 2010.
Apple declined to comment. Thompson was unavailable as Marketing went to press. It is not known who will replace him.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London