Sainsbury's launches £10m push behind "£50-a-week" offer
Sainsbury's is launching a £10m campaign to introduce a major new marketing initiative promising to show how to feed a family of four for £50 a week.
Sainsbury's: promising to feed a family of four for a week for £50
The promotion, which launches today (Wednesday), is the latest in a series of programmes by Sainsbury's to help families eat a varied diet on a budget.
'Feed your family for £50' will be backed by a TV and print ad campaign, by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, with digital activity created by Dare.
It will provide details on how to create three meals a day, for seven days a week, including a Sunday roast. Each serving will cost an average of 60p. A weekly meal planner will be available in all major Sainsbury's stores. The supermarket claims consumers will be able to get their five daily portions of fruit and vegetables via the scheme.
Sainsbury's began its price-led initiative with 'Feed your family for a fiver', featuring chef Jamie Oliver, in 2008, to dispel the perception it was more expensive than other chains. It says the campaign has boosted sales of its Basics range by 60%.
Sainsbury's is also rolling out a multimillion-pound push for Tu, its clothing and homewares range, with the strapline 'Clothes you can't wait to wear'.
Mar 2008 Sainsbury's rolls out its 'Feed your family for a fiver' campaign, fronted by Jamie Oliver.
Sept 2008 It launches its 'Switch and Save' campaign, promoting savings of up to 50% on Sainsbury's own-label compared to leading brands.
Mar 2009 Sainsbury's launches a 'Dine in for two for a fiver' deal, undercutting rival Marks & Spencer and Waitrose promotions for £10.
Jun 2009 It launches the first 'Try Team' TV ad, to support 'Feed your family for a fiver', featuring Jamie Oliver.
Jan 2011 '5 Family Meals for £20' rolls out, promoting meals that can be made for four people for £20 or less.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London